Monday, May 30, 2016

Calm in Chaos... on a Paddle

Getting lost on the beach with friends after a stressful Monday at work.

A lot of my interest in beach tennis stems from it's ability to help me get away from my daily thoughts and just be.  In all of the chaos that we deal with in our daily lives having this escape with the sound of crashing waves and sunshine has allowed me to be more calm in the face of stresses I deal with during the rest of my time walking around this crazy world.

I wasn't really looking for a new paddle... but at the same time I wasn't NOT looking for a new paddle.  A few weeks before my birthday I was browsing the interweb looking for some shorts and found myself looking at the Tom Caruso Website. On the cover page was there new paddle, the "zero".  The image caught my eye and the description by the artist and the company had me sold...

"The artwork is based on the company's philosophy, "free time is free, and that's it!"  It is inspired by the longing for the beach, sun, waves and freedom in a noisy, busy life in a big city."
-Shrijit Rajbhandari, artis

"In the lower left corner of the drawing we can see a character who expresses this wish (of free life) through a diagonal flow clearer than the sides.  Even if he is in the middle of a dark city center.  He flies with his mind transforming everything he sees into his ideal paradise.  Every little trace tells those passions that motivate us to face every new day..."
-TomCaruso.com
Artist's drawing on my new paddle.



... As much as I hate to admit it I am as vulnerable to marketing as the next guy or girl and this purchase is evidence.  While I didn't need this paddle until the company helped me realize that I did I can always carry with me the excuse that the accumulation of paddles will only make it that much easier to organize fun socials and evenings on the beach with friends that aren't hooked enough to buy there own.  So basically this whole purchase was a win-win... I now get to play with a paddle that defines my thoughts about the sport itself and I have one more paddle to share with friends.  

So I have extra's now... LET'S PLAY!







No comments:

Post a Comment